Length: 1 Day – Price: £300 – £355
- History of Brewing
- Grinding – Grind size, extraction surface area, aroma in cells and impact of time
- Roasting – Roast level and the impact on the brew
- Brewing – What happens, strength vs extraction, brewing parameters
- Tasting – Aware of under and over extraction compared to a balanced coffee
- Charting Filter Coffee – Knowledge of brewing a balanced coffee and the ability to detail the extraction on the brewing chart
The SCAE Coffee Diploma is an educational program designed to meet the needs of coffee professionals everywhere. It is a controlled and certified system with a curriculum designed by the best minds in the coffee industry.
It allows the coffee professional to sit courses and certifications at locations and times of their choosing, amassing credits each time a certification is successfully passed that count towards the full Coffee Diploma.
This is aimed to provide the barista with a greater knowledge of brewing. It is a hands-on workshop where you will learn to analyse your grind profile, match your grind to your brewing methods and to scientifically measure coffee’s strength and chart coffee’s extraction.