Length: 3 hours – Price: £75
By appointment – Please get in touch
- Learn in-depth what is sensory analysis
- Study the key parameters of: Evoke, Measure, Analyse, Interpret
- Be able to conduct a sensory study, you will gain the abilities to run sensory evaluation in a coffee business e.g. generate a repeatable and methodical sensory measure of coffees.
- Be aligned with the industry coffee standards
- Learn the sensory skills required to professionally start to identify specialty coffee qualities and to describe coffee characteristics
- Understand how to use sensory attributes: Sight, Smell (ortho-nasal olfaction), Flavour (retro-nasal olfaction, taste and trigeminal perception), Consistency and texture)
- Discover the anatomy and physiology of sensation
- You will learn the chain of sensory perception (Tasting as neurological circuit)
- Develop threshold tests whist understanding the psychological factors
- Discover the taste and textures in the context of coffee using the 5 prototypical tastes
- Detect low sensorial qualities in coffee as well as defects and taints
- Define positive and negative aromas in coffee
- Run cupping sessions and learn cupping generalities, key terminology and sensory vocabulary
- Learn to set up sensory in your business and sensory applications.
Train you panel and panellists, checking performance and calibration in new product development.